TF Powers Construction, a commercial construction company based in Fargo, ND, is looking for a Controller to join our team.
The Controller will solely plan and execute the day-to-day accounting operations of the company.
Duties | Responsibilities:
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Provides financial analysis and advice to the owner.
- Demonstrated understanding of job costing, dealing with contracts and certificates of insurance/other documentation required on job sites.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- · Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Required Skills | Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with co-workers.
- High level of integrity and discretion in working with confidential information.
- Proficient in accounting software. Experience with Foundation construction accounting software preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Progressive accounting experience with a background in construction or manufacturing.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
Salary will be dependent upon experience. Total compensation package includes PTO, 401k retirement plan with company match, employer paid premiums for health, dental, and vision insurance. Please email resumes to Justin Axness, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.